Saturday, January 23, 2010

POEMS FROM A TEENAGE HEARTACHE (part 3)

Another poem i found from a few years back...

Lightning crackled in the distance, and thunder boomed,
I was sitting all alone in my room,
The time was ticking, tick tock tick tock,
I turned my eyes away from the clock,

I couldn't even hear the crickets,
Because of all the rackets,
The light went out,
My throat gave a shout,

I jumped off my bed,
And bumped on my head,
I crept to the door,
barely feeling the floor,

I can't see in the darkness,
Feels like I'm swallowed by nothingness,
I moved at a fast pace,
As if I'm in space,

I need some light,
As I feel so alone in the night,
What's that I hear?
It feels so near,

Is it a ghost?
Or maybe the Post?
But no Post comes this late,
Must really check my head,

But if it's a ghost?
Should I keep the doors closed?
I found a candle-stick,
So i light up it's wick,

I turn around,
And I hear no sound,
My mind must be playing gamed on me,
It wants me to hear things i don't want to see,

I walked into the living room,
and picked the broom,
That i was using to clean the house,
before the holocaust,

I kept it aside,
And walked outside,
The streetlights have gone,
And now I really am alone.

28 May 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment