Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Eye-Sight

      I am a short-sighted person. I can't see more than 12 inches in front of me. That makes me rely my life on a spectacles, the one that I'm wearing now.
      I realized I couldn't see properly when I was around twelve, when my class chalkboard looked blur to me. I almost couldn't see what my teacher was writing on the board, and I had to squint to make the words look clearer. I started getting awful headaches and my eyes got sensitive to the sun-light.
      Then one day, when the school had eye check-up, the doctors said that I needed to get glasses as I had bad eyesight. I started my new year with new glasses. My first glasses were very nerdy-looking pink ones. I don't have it with me anymore, but I'd never wear them out in public anymore. It looked something like the picture beside. Not pretty, eh?
      As I grew older I changed many glasses I lost count of them. But my latest one looks similar to the picture beside. It's my trusted glass. I can't go anywhere without it. I've always wanted to get contact lenses but I never had the guts to wear it. I have a fear of poking something in my eye. A friend of mine once told me that wearing contacts aren't so hard, but I don't have the guts to try it just yet. Besides, my eyes are sensitive to sunlight so it tends to be irritated all the time. I might rub my lenses out anytime.
      Although I've always wanted to try on a purple color contact lenses. One day when I have the guts to finally put on contacts, I will try a purple one.

No comments:

Post a Comment