Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WHAT CAN YOU GIVE UP FOR 30 DAYS (DAY 2)

No Fast Food and Carbonated Drinks
Day 2
22 October 2009
10.15pm

The clock is ticking away the hours of Fast Food and Carbonated Drinks Restriction. Into the second day and no temptation made its way through me.

Breakfast:-
I had to skip breakfast today due to unforeseen circumstances.

Lunch:
After toiling away at work, my friend invited me to have lunch with her, and I jumped in the bandwagon as I was way past my meal-time (be it my breakfast, brunch or lunch).
As we scouted around the mall's food court for food, my friend decided to get her lunch from dear old KFC. Quietly declining to follow her, I made my way to the Thai Fried Rice Corner, and ordered a nice plate of Chinese Fried Rice with no Meat and an Omelet, and a glass of Iced Grape Juice to go with that.
As I was sitting down to enjoy my somewhat scrumptious meal, my Sister plodded over to join me. As a responsible elder sister, I had encouraged her to go on this No Fast Food 'Strike' with me and she had agreed full-heartedly. But knowing her all this while, I know her little phase wouldn't last, so i egged her.
"You know, you don't have to give up Fast Food if you don't want to,"
"No, it's okay," she replied, "I'll stick with it."

What made me concerned was that while she was saying that, her eyes never looked away from the Fries that my friend bought from KFC. Screwing my eyes, I studied her as she watched our friend take the fries and chomped it down.

"You don't have to do it, if you're following me," I said, as I didn't want to force her to do something she doesn't want to, "You do it when you feel like it yourself. Not 'cos I influenced you to."

Thinking it over for just a mili-second she said,

"Oh, what the hell..," and grabbed a handful of fries and chucked it down her throat.

I smiled to myself. She lasted only one day. Maybe one day, when the notion slips into her mind on its own, then she'd be ready to sacrifice Fast Food.

Dinner:-

I almost wanted to get myself an Egg Burger.

"After all it's not made in KFC or McDonald's right?" my thoughts were saying to me. Those are the demons trying to stray me away from my aim. Whether or not its made in those places doesn't matter, it's still in the same category.

So in the end I decided to get myself two pieces of Roti Canai and a Lychee Drink.

Looks like I'm not going to be shaken on my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment