Saturday, October 24, 2009

WHAT CAN YOU GIVE UP FOR 30 DAYS? (DAY 4)

No Fast Food life-lane.

Day 4
23 October 2009
2.15 am


Just got back after a night out with my friends, going for karaoke and sitting at the beach.

The day's going without Fast Food and Carbonated drinks have been going on quite okay for me. For breakfast today I had traditional Malaysian kueh such as Cucur Bawang ( a type of delicacy made using flour and onions, frying it till golden and eating it by dipping it in chilli sauce), a piece of sugared doughnut and Kueh Seri Muka ( bottom layer is made using boiled rice which is kind of sticky and top layer made with oh I don't know, something sugary I guess).

Once again I skipped lunch due to unforeseen circumstances.

For dinner, my initial plan was to go over to a Pasar Malam (night market), somewhere further from my house, but in the end my friend and I decided just to have dinner at a nearby Mamak shop, dragging my sister along.

There I had Thosai ( a dish made using rice flour mixed into a batter and toaster over a flat pan into a thin layer of round something, which you eat by dipping into spicy curry and/or Chutney [which is made from coconut, chilly and spices] ) and a glass of chocolate milkshake.

After having that, another bunch of our friends showed up, and my friend decided to buy a can of Coke for herself. It was so tempting to see her drink off from the chilled can, as I couldn't do.

Well, I'm still sticking to this challenge. The odds are against me, but I'm going to pull through.

No comments:

Post a Comment