Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WHAT CAN YOU GIVE UP FOR THIRTY DAYS? (day One)

Please refer to the post below for the intro. Tq.


Day One.
20th October 2009
9.47pm

So far, so good. I managed to go a whole day without any Fast Food or Carbonated Drinks. To sketch what I had the whole day:-
Breakfast:
I had Nasi Lemak (Traditional Malay Rice cooked with coconut milk and served with half-boiled egg, and spicy sambal) , with a piece of doughnut and kopi ais ( coffee with milk and iced)

Lunch:-
I kind of skipped lunch today because I was so busy, I didn't noticed time passing.

Tea:-
After skipping lunch, I had a bowl of Mee Rebus ( noodles with curry soup) and Air Assam Boi ( Tamarind Juice )

Dinner:-
I walked over to the Pasar Malam (Night Market) near my house, and was almost tempted into buying a packet of crispy, hot, fried French Fries. Here I was, walking like nobody's business, turning away from hawkers trying to sell me things I don't want, and would you know it, I walked straight into a stall selling French Fries, right out of the hot oil. Without hesitation, I put my hand out to reach for it, as I had done, many times previously, and all of a sudden, everything stopped in mid-motion, as if in a bad thriller movie. Suddenly out of nowhere, a voice started reminding me of my Vows for this month. Everything came back alive again, and I quickly walked away from that stall, never looking back, until I had reached my car, and gone home safely away from the temptation. So for dinner i just had Orange Juice, and a Boiled Corn.

So, safe to say, I managed to survive one day. Lets see how the rest are going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment