Friday, August 24, 2007

His Life

as shards of glass pierce through my skin,
and bits of rocks embed itself in me,
i feel my life scroll by,
like pictures from an old videotape,
from black and white it came,
and it gives me pain to realize all the deeds,
of which i had commited,

walking steadily at the age of five,
still unsure of my purpose in life,
not knowing i had to work and strive,
to love and have a lovely wife,

as a mere child of ten,
biting in my mouth a pen,
thinking of a foul plan,
to stab a girl in her hand,

a boy of fifteen,
though not scrawny, but thin,
never once doing anything but sin,
never understanding what pain would mean,

twenty the year he becomes a man,
not knowing what its like to give a helping hand,
my family and friends had gone and then,
all alone and uncaring is here i stand,

as years roll by i never changed,
thinking i had eternity in me,
not knowing that God has other plans,
for this mortal with a heart of stone,

and now i am a weak old soul,
who never did as he was told,
i always thought that i'd be bold,
when Death would come and take me in its hold,

as tears and blood fell down my cheek,
i feel my clock begin to tick,
for God's forgiveness is all i seek,
a glass of repentance i need to drink,

there i see it the light i need,
to take me to the place that i don't bleed,
so farewell to you my time i bid,
i will go to a place where devils breed,

but, wait, the light is blue but not white,
and red and its not so bright,
i looked at it with all my might,
and out the van jumped men in white,

thank you God, for giving me this chance,
to prove myself worthy as your son,
for what You gave, you'll never regret once,
i'll be a good man and throw my gun.

1 comment:

  1. hey this gal here is my sis,,,,,,,,,,,
    she is good in poems as wht i can see hey sis rock on ill always be by ur side
    always love ya.,,,,,,,,,,
    to bad im not good at poems like u haha

    ReplyDelete