Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Sunday Market

Yesterday, I went with my mom and my little sister to The Sunday Market. This particular market doesn't have vendors selling you fish, chicken, vegetables or any other grocery stuff. Instead, you can find almost every kind of household items here from a Swiss Army knife to a 29-inch television. And you can almost get this stuffs for a lot lower price than anywhere else.

The only drawback to these items are that most of them are second-hand. So if you're the type to buy branded stuff, i suggest you don't take a visit down this area because you're surely to get disappointed. Unless you'd like a copy of Vincci in the form of Incci or a shoes branded Niki instead of Nike. For people who don't care about branded items, you might enjoy just scouting around for unique looking items.

Besides that, this place is also ideal for antique collectors. I, for one, had a little surprise when my mom showed me an odd-looking item that looks really heavy and old. I asked her what was it and she replied proudly, that she used to use that to iron her clothes when she was younger. My mouth gaped open at the freakishly large iron, wondering how people at those time ever ironed their clothes with aumthing the size of a brick. I'm glad that I'll never have to iron my clothes with that. I even walked pass a man selling old chinese records. You know the big round one you hear using a gramophone. at these age of ipod and itunes, I wonder if people still listen to gramophones. There were also people selling coins, old telephones, and even old clothes.

Come to think about it, this place sounds a bit like an American flea market, don't you think? With buyers and sellers bargaining over old things and new ones too. And many people seem to at that place every week too. I guess it's fun to buy things at low price, knowing it will ruin fast, but it doesn't hurt coz you got it for a cheap price.

No comments:

Post a Comment